Drink at lanes Hotel
Welcome to cider country!
The popularity of cider in the UK is growing at a faster rate than any other beverage. Many mass produced ciders are made from imported concentrate, real cider is made from local apples. Lanes hotel is surrounded by apple orchards and some of the finest artisan cider makers in the world. We are proud to stock a range of blends and single varietal ciders, all produced within a few miles.
- Bridge Farm are our closest neighbours, about a mile and a half down the road in East Chinnock. They produce award winning cider using traditional methods.
- Perry’s have been making award winning craft cider since 1920. We stock a couple of single varietal ciders as well as a blend.
- Burrow Hill Farm & The Somerset Cider Brandy Company produce world class beverages on a farm that has been pressing cider for 150 years. The Ice Cider is of particular note.
- All three of the above welcome visitors and have shops selling their produce. Perry’s also have a small museum and café.
- Malletts draught cider is made in Shepton Mallet using an old cider recipe under modern conditions.
- We also have a carefully chosen wine list, draught beers and extensive spirit and soft drink range.
Our carefully chosen wine list includes favourites from around the world as well as a few interesting wines of note.
Coffee is very important to us!
A very simple two ingredient recipe can only ever deliver if the ingredients are absolutely right. Hausbrandt HH is a 130 year old coffee blend that is revered in northern Italy. It produces rich espresso with sweetness, spice and notes of hazelnut and cocao. We use this blend as a base for all our espresso derivative beverages. For filter coffee lovers we serve a medium bodied Costa Rica blend made with full Arabica giving citrus and chocolate/almond notes.
Lots of people say that coffee is important – we really mean it!